June….a month which arrives with monsoon and lots of life changing decisions! Because this is the time when you are done with your graduation and let’s be frank most of us don’t know what to do next!!
This is most prominent for science graduates.. because we have lots of avenues open..! After graduation many people tell us many many things e.g. go for m.b.a, go for pure science, take a gap and have some work experience and so on..! The basic problem with these suggestions is that we don’t have complete information about anything and we end up taking some hasty decisions.
So..in this article I am going to give you a full detailed information about an emerging field in science i.e. Msc in BIOANALYTICAL SCIENCES.
Department of Bioanalytical Sciences Ramnarain Ruia College, a prestigious academic institution, is well known for its credo of multidimensional development of students. It provides an invigorating environment for academic and extracurricular excellence.
Ruia College has created many a milestones during its journey of over 70 years. One such endeavor was started in the year 2004- M.Sc. in Bioanalytical Sciences, under the UGC scheme of “Innovative Programmes”. Ruia College was a pioneer to start this interdisciplinary, industry aligned, post graduate course. This course has been very well received by students as well as industry and it is growing from strength to strength.
Mission of the department is
To cultivate scientific temper in Students by
Embracing the interdisciplinary nature of Bio sciences
Conducting basic research emphasizing on experiential learning
Exhibiting the highest standards of moral and civic responsibilities of the profession
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE:
- To develop skilled manpower in the field of Bioanalytical Sciences
- Exploration of traditional systems of medicine (ASU) with the help of modern scientific instruments
- Generating new avenues for bio sciences using modern techniques like Proteomics And Genomics, Bioinformatics
B.Sc. in any one of the following subjects: Chemistry (with Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry and Biotechnology till S.Y.B.Sc.), Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and have offered Chemistry as one of the subject till S.Y.B.Sc. (total 5 units) or equivalent
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE:
- Affiliated to the University of Mumbai
- UGC Approved Interdisciplinary, Full time, Two years Degree Course
- Industry and Research Laboratory Visits
- Industry Training
- Hands on training on sophisticated Analytical Instruments
- Teaching Faculty from Industry, Research and Educational Institutes along with In House Faculty
- Job Oriented course well received by the industry
- Campus Recruitment
Entrance test:Entrance test paper comprises of total 120 marks having questions on following topics:
- General awareness about modern scientific development
- Chemistry up to S.Y.B.Sc. level
- General Biochemistry
- Principles of Genetics (S.Y.J.C. level)
- Basic Chemistry of Proteins and Nucleic acids
- Basic principles of common instruments like pH meter and Spectrophotometer
- Basic Microbiology
- Physics and Mathematics (S.Y.J.C. level)
The Department of Bioanalytical Sciences takes an initiative towards placing students in gamut of Industries like SHIMADZU Analytical India PVT. Ltd, Lupin Pharma, Scandev Clinical Services, Merck India Pvt. Ltd., USV Ltd, Ashco Laboratories, Marico Industries, Cipla , Perkin Elmer, Reliance Life Sciences, Macleods Pharma, Elder Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharma, INDOCO Remedies, Quintiles
Contact details :
Landline No: 022-24145284
you can write an email and send it to:
- E-Presence: https://ruiabioanalyticalsciences.wordpress
So guys please give a thought to this new emerging field which might become a new era in science!! This course will help you evolve not only as a student but as a person as well!!!