Ruia College has created many a milestones during its journey of over 70 years. One such endeavor was started in the year 2004- M.Sc. in Bioanalytical Sciences, under the UGC scheme of “Innovative Programmes”.
Integrated M.Sc (B.Sc + M.Sc) in Bioanalytical Sciences, a 5-year course, started in the year 2010.
Ruia College was a pioneer to start this interdisciplinary, industry aligned, post graduate course. This course has been very well received by students as well as industry and it is growing from strength to strength.
- Designed with a perspective to serve the student community, academia and the industry in the larger interest of attaining global competency.
- Blend of pure and applied sciences with a modular learning – credit based evaluation.
- Lectures by eminent faculty from Academia/ Industry/ Research Institutes.
- Training on the use of modern sophisticated equipment and state of art instruments like HPLC, HPTLC, PCR, etc.
- Broaden, heighten and deepen the extent and scope of the learner by way of industrial visits, interactions with research institutes.
- Student can avail of an exit point after graduation i.e. three years of course with B.Sc. degree in Bioanalytical Sciences.
- Mandatory 3 months industry training to understand the working of an industry.
- Specialization in Industry aligned subjects of
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Food Industry (Quality Control & Quality Assurance)
- Neutraceutical companies (Quality Control & Quality Assurance)
- Clinical Research Organisations
- Pre-Clinical Studies
- Instrumentation Laboratories
- Testing Laboratories ( e.g. Water and Environmental Testing)
- Intellectual Property Rights